« Home | The first day of school and a missing tooth » | Opporunities » | Hiatus...again » | Making an Impact » | Perks of the job and moving day » | Didn't we just do this??? » | ONE YEAR » | Things Left Unsaid » | In Loving Memory... » | Exciting, thrilling, new, and answers to prayer... »

Happy Birthday to YOU!!!!

Dear 13 year old,

On this day 13 years ago the Lord physically brought you into my life. In actual fact you entered my life 6 months earlier when I found out I was carrying you. Although the circumstances were far from perfect you became the only thing that mattered in my life. I loved you from that moment and waited with great anticipation for your birth. When the day finally arrived I was beyond excited and although terrified of delivery I was surrounded by the very best support system to get me through. After 6 and a half hours at 1:15am the midwife (you were born in England) placed you on my tummy for our first introduction. I will never forget it. Both your little eyes had bruises from the forceps they had to use and your face was a little squished but you were perfect. Since I was exhausted I told the midwife to hand you to your Grammy who had held my hand and gotten me through. She was ready and willing to hold her new grandson, she was so proud and told me later that it was the most precious moment she would treasure all her days. Once they finished weighing you and cleaning you up they placed you in a little bassinet by my bed. You layed there wide awake and as I looked at you I was overwhelmed by the love I felt. I wondered how it was possible to love someone so much. I was overcome and began to cry feeling so blessed but also wondering how could I be the best mother possible given the circumstances. I shouldn't have even worried. God never took His eyes off of us and less than 2 years later we met the man of our dreams. He loved you as if he had been there from the beginning and you adored him and called him "daddy" that first month. That bond has never been broken and as you are now being shaped and molded by us but more importantly by God my only prayer for you is you become the man your father is. I love you so much, there are not even the words to describe. As you enter these teenage years and life has it's many ups and downs please hold tight of the ONE who has always held you tight.
I know I won't always be cool, or with it and I know I will embarrass you b/c that's what mom's do but I will ALWAYS love you unconditionally. No matter where you go or what you do I will be here with open arms.

You are my son and I am so proud of the man you becoming.

Love, Mom

As I am sure you guessed our oldest has hit his teens. I thought I would share with you this letter I wrote him. The pics below are just some fun ones I took recently. The bottom is of him and his girlfriend. Yes, already. Believe me it still freaks me out. She is a really good girl who attends church with him and our families our really close. I feel as though now he has hit 13 time will just start flying by and it scares me a little. I remember years ago after he was first born and thinking about what I was like as a teenager I told God the rapture had to happen soon b/c I was not about to have teenagers. I would even have conversations with people and tell them it would be coming soon b/c surely God would not let me go through teenage years. What a joke, here we are and I have little doubt the rapture is coming anytime soon at this point. Anyway, enjoy the pics and leave him a comment I can pass along I know he will appreciate it.






























So I have to know, where you crying the whole time while writing this letter? When Noah was born I started a journal, tracking his accomplishments, words and how I feel towards him. When I go back, which is not that long ago, I get tears reminded of how much he has grown in only two years! Kids are such a blessings!

WOW, That was awesome honey, I am more and more amazed at what a Godly woman you are and how your growth shows in something as simple as a blog post is incredible. Well we are so blessed and in the middle of life it is good to stop and reflect on all that God has done with our obedience! I love you both and am believing for a great Birthday!
LOVE
ABE

Happy Birthday, Jared!

I hope you know how cool and "with it" your mom is... you could do a lot worse than your parents! We're so proud of you and hope to see you soon.

Wow! I can't yet imagine having teens. Jesus really does need to come soon. You almost made me cry reading your post. May God give you wisdom in raising him and the others in these years and last days. Take care.
Happy Birthday, Jared!!!
JSCDRSmiller

Wow on all levels.
Wow that you have a teenager
Wow that I'm not far behind you
Wow what an awesome letter for a mom to write
Wow what a cute girlfriend he has
Wow you are so blessed to have such a great family

An incredible letter, Rachel. I agree with LUNAR, you are still "cool and with it"!

Post a Comment

Links