« Home | Hiatus...again » | Making an Impact » | Perks of the job and moving day » | Didn't we just do this??? » | ONE YEAR » | Things Left Unsaid » | In Loving Memory... » | Exciting, thrilling, new, and answers to prayer... » | just bragging... » | It happened again... »

Opporunities

Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works everything for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.

This verse is one I have used and stood on more times than I can count this last year. Here is something that perplexes me. Have you ever heard that satan puts opportunities in your path just like God does? I have and I believe it. Lately, (as in, the last year) I have had so many opportunities I was convinced had to be a "God thing" but then as I get in deeper it seems the "God" part disappears and all I am left with is...a "thing". Before I know it I am questioning all the decisions I just made and wondering if I heard from God at all b/c if I had would there be so much adversity. I will not know if all those opportunities were from Him until eternity but this one thing I do know...even if none of them were He sees and knows how much I love Him and am learning to trust with a whole heart so I can be at peace and know IT'S ALL GOOD!!!!

Lovin' the redesign. I can read! I can read again!

I never thought much about satan putting opportunities in our path. I guess that's why it's important to pray "not my will, but yours" and ask God to slam doors in our faces that are not of him.

The wisest teaching I've heard on making decisions can be summed up as "Follow peace, but keep moving." If we're unsure and fearful, we often stop taking any steps for fear that it's the wrong one. As long as we follow peace and prayerfully take the next step that we feel is right, God can move us if we don't get it exactly right. It's much harder to change the course of someone paralyzed in fear, not moving at all.

Thanks for the word. One thing I have always done is pray your will, not mine b/c I got soooo sick of doing things my own way. Another thing I do is keep moving and for the most part I always have peace, unless I am mistaking it for an "in the moment thing." Well, whatever happens He knows my motives and will pull it back together for my good and that is all the peace I need. :)

Post a Comment

Links