« Home | Things Left Unsaid » | In Loving Memory... » | Exciting, thrilling, new, and answers to prayer... » | just bragging... » | It happened again... » | Lovin' Life » | The Latest... » | When it rains, it pours...and God will send a boat » | Good-bye Cruel World... » | ...some more pics...still more »

ONE YEAR

One year ago today we pulled into Florida to begin our new life. I remember it like it was yesterday. It was about 5:45 pm and big thick black clouds loomed over us. As we pulled into our community and found our apartment the rain started to fall. Brian's brothers were waiting to help us and were none to happy to find out we were on the third floor. Especially considering it was raining. But this was Florida and afternoon showers were normal, surely this would soon pass. Boy, was I wrong. Before we knew it the sky was as black as night and there was a torrential down pour. As we all struggled to unload the moving truck I began feeling more and more over whelmed. It didn't help that not only did the rain not let up it was literally like a hurricane and everyone and everything was soaked. Then as we opened a few boxes several were soaked through b/c there had been a hole in the truck. I was just thinking, not a good start. Finally I told Brian just get the beds in and leave the rest til tomorrow. We set up our bed and as I looked around our little house it was all too much. I went in my room and sat down in the furthest corner of the room and had a meltdown. I called Jeanette, Bawling..."I think we've made a BIG mistake." Of course she would hear none of it. It was as if I was talking to my mother. :) Anyway, somehow I, or rather we, made it through that first night and when we woke up the weather was so beautiful and where we lived was so picturesque I just felt hope this could all be OK.

Well, you've all been there. Here we are one year later and all I can say is WOW!!!! The goodness of God. I won't lie and several of you know the truth, it hasn't been easy but one thing I can say is God has been faithful and we have learned so much I wouldn't trade this experience for anything in the world. Thank you so much to all of you who have prayed with us and for us and who gave us hope to keep on keeping on. You are awesome and we love you and appreciate all your support.

Links