« Home | Opporunities » | Hiatus...again » | Making an Impact » | Perks of the job and moving day » | Didn't we just do this??? » | ONE YEAR » | Things Left Unsaid » | In Loving Memory... » | Exciting, thrilling, new, and answers to prayer... » | just bragging... »

The first day of school and a missing tooth

The beginning of the new school year went off without a hitch and considering both younger boys have been asking when school would start since summer began it really didn't happen soon enough. After making sure all school supplies were ready to go before our vacation all that was left was to make sure they were well groomed and reminded to "do everything as unto the Lord" (it might sound cheesy but this has been our mantra since our oldest was in 2nd grade). Anyway, they all had a great first day and by day 2 the youngest guys didn't even need us to walk them to class. That was a little sad, I have to admit. The main thing freaking me out is having an 8th grader! Isn't it bad enough he's 5 inches taller than me and wears a bigger shoe size than his dad but 8th grade??? Is this a joke? I mean come on, I am not even close to being old enough to have a kid this old...am I? Tell me I look good for my age...PLEEEEASE. Seriously, I am hanging on to this year with everything I have in me b/c one thing I know is this once highschool hits, that's it!!! Before you know it they are out on their own. He is talking about where he wants to go to school (college) and what he wants to be and yadda, yadda, yadda. Let me tell you, we are blessed. He is an amazing kid. OK, so back on track...the second day of school Jayden lost another tooth and was not shy in letting me know how he was disapointed in the tooth fairy and her inability to leave more than a dollar. I sternly let him know I would be sure and tell her so she wouldn't waste her time with an ungrateful child. He quickly changed his tune and said he was sorry. To which I responded...I only got a quarter, get over it. Anyway, suffice it to say it's been a pretty good start and I am excited for the things to come. The pics below are the kids and some of their friends on the first day. Oh, and the youngest and his missing tooth.



































































P.S. If you wanna check out some vaca pics go and see my better half.

Links