« Home | Sticks and Stones... » | The ABC's of why I love him... » | Everytime I... » | and they lived happily ever after... » | Here comes the BRIDE....smaid » | Strange Laws » | Just when I thought I'd seen it all... » | Short Term Memory Loss » | All I can muster » | Perfect Timing »

Growth

One of the things I love to see as much as I hate to see it, is my kids grow. As all the parents reading this can attest to I am sure. Anyway, about 5 months ago I decided to start measuring my kids against the wall. I know alot of parents start doing this from birth but I am just not with it in certain areas. One of the reasons I even did it in the first place was b/c that oldest child of mine grew 3 inches in 9 months and 2 and a half shoe sizes. So, when I measured him 5 months ago he was 5'6" and on Friday he was 5'7". The middle child 5 months ago was 4'1" and Friday he was 4'3" and the baby was 4'0" and Friday he was 4'1". I know they grow, it's just not as visual until you put a tape measure in the mix except with regard to the oldest. I literally watch the kid get taller right before my eyes. The reason? He insists on wearing jeans everyday regardless of the heat. The outcome? About 2 weeks ago he walks by and I was like "HOLY CRAP Jared!!!" He had on high waters. I couldn't believe it. Needless to say it's incredibly sad for a mom. What parts of your kids getting older bothers you the most?

As a parent it is so exciting to see my son grow and experience all the advances he does in life. The most exciting to me is seeing him grow emotionally and spirtually. As parents we always need to encourage our kids to "grow" no matter what the age. The sad part of the physical growth is that they will never go back to being your baby, but we can always cherish and hold close those times!

Post a Comment

Links