« Home | The ABC's of why I love him... » | Everytime I... » | and they lived happily ever after... » | Here comes the BRIDE....smaid » | Strange Laws » | Just when I thought I'd seen it all... » | Short Term Memory Loss » | All I can muster » | Perfect Timing » | A Father's Love »

Sticks and Stones...

I know we all know it and have all said it a million times so for the millionth and one lets all return to kindergarten say STICKS AND STONES MAY BREAK YOUR BONES BUT NAMES WILL NEVER HURT!!! Of course, we also know the latter part of that saying is far from true. Which I was reminded of today. I was called the most hateful thing anyone can ever be called. I can't even write it on this post. It reduced me to tears. Anyway, I am sure you can use your imagination. Why do people have to call other people names? I know I sound like I am in the fourth grade but today was an incredibly rough day before I was slandered for no reason. I literally can't even begin to tell you how sick to my stomach I felt after being called something so horrible. I know how we should always be kind and give people the benefit of the doubt...maybe this guy just broke up with his girlfriend, maybe he just got fired, maybe, maybe, maybe. I could come up with a million reasons why he was so hateful but whatever the reason you cannot convince me for one minute it is ever appropriate to call someone a name like that. Anyway, what do you think about this? Has this ever happened to you?

I feel like Jerry's Mom here with "How could anyone lash out at you, who would not like you?" But, I know it is not you that the person lashed out at it is the situation and their frustration therein. That said it by no means excuses it, and truth be told I would like to do some things that I can't write out to the guy for saying it to you! Bottomline people have to be in a pretty bad way to resort to the last bit of hope as, "If I call this woman the ugliest thing I can I will get resolution." So, I know it is not much consolation and does not excuse it, but just think of how bad it would have to be for you to place hope in calling someone that and you will see just where this guy is. I am sorry this happened and I love you so much!
Abe

Post a Comment

Links