« Home | Happy Birthday » | Growth » | Sticks and Stones... » | The ABC's of why I love him... » | Everytime I... » | and they lived happily ever after... » | Here comes the BRIDE....smaid » | Strange Laws » | Just when I thought I'd seen it all... » | Short Term Memory Loss »

Not too proud

Our pastor has been doing this series called Winning at Work and yesterday's title was Difficult People in the Workplace and let me tell you, it was a smack in the face. Life at work has been more than a little difficult to say the very least. I am sad to say I am not very proud of my behavior either. Here's the thing, there is one particular co-worker of mine who doesn't like me. Hard to believe I know but it's true. Anyway, we had somewhat of a run in a couple of weeks ago and that certainly didn't help any. I am not going to lie, I don't like this person either which is really rare for me. I like most people. They don't follow rules, they constantly interrupt, they are rude to everyone including residents (which is a HUGE NO-NO) and worst of all, they lie. Anyway, after our conflict I went and apologized. I didn't want to but I knew it was the right thing so I did and basically it didn't go very well which made things worse. It's not like I am the only person who has conflict with this person, everyone in the office has had major problems with them. Well, Friday they almost fired this person and when they didn't I found myself sick knowing I would have to continue working with this person. I couldn't sleep and was in a really bad mood b/c I hate conflict and knowing someone doesn't like me doesn't help. The message yesterday really slapped me upside the head and I realized God does allow people like this in your life to show you things about yourself and to grow you in certain areas. I am so ashamed of myself but I am commited to going in this morning and making a change regardless of how hard nosed and rude this person is to me. The bottom line is I cannot control anything or anyone, I can only control how I behave. I am going to be the change I wish to see in the office. B/C I figure if I don't start there, how can I possibly make a change in the world. Please pray for the courage to be a difference maker and not stoop to their level. I'll let you know how it goes.

keep us posted.
metro

Any update?

You've made me think about my own work situation. It is so hard and I totally undrstand. Well done you!
Pity we didnt learn this lesson when we were kids, hehe :0)

Post a Comment

Links