« Home | Nothing Deep » | Let it snow, let it snow...IN FLORIDA???? What the... » | Being random... » | Trick or Treat ~ for the first time ever! » | WHO DAT??? » | In a Word... » | Shannoning with Shannon » | Thinking about MOM » | A Purple Celebration » | Nothing to say... »

And you are...?

Working at Starbucks I come into contact with literally hundreds of people on a weekly basis. Having been there 3 months I know all of our regulars (the ones who come in on my shifts) by name and sometimes what they drink. For instance: Paul - venti coffee, Mary - grande Mocha, Gina - Decaf iced tall 2 sweet and low 2% extra foam latte, John - venti coffee, Dan - grande no foam latte. These are just a few examples of the hundreds of drinks I personally make every week and all the names I know. It's actually pretty cool to "know" all these people by name. It makes them feel special to be acknowledged and remembered. It makes me feel like I am somehow brightening their day just by greeting them by name everytime they come in. Well, it works both ways. There have been several times where people want to know my name and now when they come in make a special effort to greet me first. John is my favorite. He comes in every morning and no matter where I am working greets me and asks me how my day is going. It's so awesome. Well, I said all that to say this...there is nothing that tickles me more than seeing any of these people outside of Starbucks, say the mall or grocery store. They look at me with this look like..." and you are or do I know you..." It's hilarious. Usually, as soon as I say Starbucks they are like "oh yeah I remember now". I mean here I see these people day in and day out but without the green apron and black hat they don't know me from Adam.

Links