« Home | Feeling blonde? » | When it rains, it pours » | The Happiest Place on Earth » | Sophie's Choice » | Coffee Anyone? » | In Loving Memory » | The toothless wonder » | First Day of School 2005 » | Food, friends and fun! » | The Most Original Day Brightener »

What's Right?

As everyone knows there has been the biggest national disaster in a long time take place in New Orleans and Miss. It's tragic. As I watched footage of a city covered in water, the looting and listened to information regarding the rising death toll and widespread devastation I wondered if I was wrong to feel like I did with my current situation and the depression I feel. I mean someone somewhere is always having problems right? Granted I haven't just lost everything but does that mean my problems don't matter? That what I am feeling or going through isn't as bad from my perspective? I realize this is just what it is - PERSPECTIVE. But it's mine and if you knew the story from the beginning I think you would agree the situation "feels" pretty hopeless. After what I read on Matt's site "givin' it back to 'em" in a revenge like manner seems like a pretty good answer and after what we have been through it might make me feel good...for about 10 seconds. Then of course I would realize I never had control of the situation to begin with and you can't control what other people do only what you do in response. And I will just have to know God will take "care" of those people who hurt us so deeply and caused this pain which is more than just emotional. You who are reading this may be thinking this makes no sense at all. I am reaching out and begging you all to please join with me and pray for peace, reassurance and most of all wisdom. Dont' say you will just to say it either, we need it like we have never needed it before.

Links