« Home | The Most Original Day Brightener » | Carl's Garden » | I would like to introduce you to my little sister ... » | Life Changes... » | Greeting cards and snail mail » | Making Memories » | Make ya laugh MONDAY! » | SURPRISE OF A LIFETIME. » | Thoughts at 3:30am » | Christmas in July! »

Food, friends and fun!

Tonight we had dinner with some of the new people we met in our community. Stacie, (the one playing with Jayden)lives right below us and Kara lives in one of the town homes opposite our courtyard (although she is moving out in 2 weeks 'sniff'sniff'). We made chicken and beef tacos with all the trimmings, even avocados which was a new thing for me. I mean, I like them but never thought to put them with tacos. Man, they were so good. It was funny when we put the chicken on the table the kids asked what it was and Stacie tried to convince them it was deer meat. She was pretty good but no, Jared is just too old to fall for that anymore. Nice try Stac! Anyway, we all had a great time and it was really fun to hang with some "girls" for a change (not that I don't love and adore my boys but...)and the best part...we are gonna start a BUNCO group! I am really in hog heaven now. I'll let you know how all that turns out.

Jayden convinced Stacie to play OPERATION!


Kara cooking the "deer meat".


Preparing to feast...


Many hands make light work.

Looking forward to more nights just like this one. Maybe even a kid free one. ;)

Links