« Home | Make ya laugh MONDAY! » | SURPRISE OF A LIFETIME. » | Thoughts at 3:30am » | Christmas in July! » | A Miracle Working God. » | Little Rockers » | Pay up tooth fairy...or else » | HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY AMAZING HUSBAND. » | A journal entry » | Thought(s) for the day...weekend. »

Making Memories

One of the things I love about living far away from the all the people I love (well so far) is when they come and visit everything else is on hold, well besides the cleaning ;). The time is so precious and you know there isn't much before you will be separated again so you make the most of it and do things you wouldn't normally do and make lasting memories to comfort you when you are apart.

Just recently I shared how Jeanette and her family surprised us by just showing up. It was awesome. We had such a great time. We were once again able to share afternoon tea, eggs on toast, getting some sun and most importantly shopping. Then after just 4 short days it was time to say good bye. I didn't cry right when she left, but man on the way home it wasn't good. I think I supress my feelings for as long as I can and then when I can't take it anymore...waterworks.

Tonight was particularly difficult because I dropped my kids off at VBS and had nothing to do for 2 and a half hours. It just accentuated the fact I knew no one and because I didn't want to risk getting lost I stayed close by the church. Despite this feeling of loneliness it's all good. I came home, bawled my eyes out and then opened up the word and you know what? GOD IS SO GOOD! I have my health, my kids, a place to call "home" and food on the table. What more do I need?

Be blessed today and always.








SEE THE GOODNESS OF GOD!

Last night my dad called to say he was coming to spend Christmas with us. That was the best news I could have received all day. My first Christmas here and my precious Father will be here to make it even more perfect. See, God is good!

Links