« Home | Little Rockers » | Pay up tooth fairy...or else » | HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY AMAZING HUSBAND. » | A journal entry » | Thought(s) for the day...weekend. » | If Noelle can do it... » | 10 Years and counting! » | Birthday Shoutouts! » | Thanks to you and you and... » | My kingdom for a BOX!! »

A Miracle Working God.

I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. Although, I am coming to you from a completely different part of the country. It all started...just kidding.
As you know we went on vacation back in March to Florida and had the most incredible time. Ok wait. I need to back up a little. When Brian moved to Oklahoma 13 years ago his intention was to attend flight school and then move back to Florida. Well, God had alternative plans and he met me and of courseI wasn't about to pick up and move to Florida. Not that he ever asked me. Anyway, about 5 and a half years ago we decided we wanted to move to Florida, well Brian decided and I just kinda went along with it. He applied for a few jobs but was never really too aggressive and then we found out my mom was sick so we left it alone, bought a house and settled in. However, Brian never let the dream die that he would one day move back and prayed fervently God would change my heart. Then Fuddruckers came along and I figured we were lifers. As time began to go on and things got harder and harder with the company we began to realize there had to be more than this. We had sacrificed and lost almost everything, including each other. We didn't know what was next but we knew change was coming and we knew it was major. We began to pray. At about the same time we became members of Family Church and started to really plug in. I got involved with the praise and drama team and we joined a cell group. So, back to our vacation. I remember we were sitting on my mother-in-law's balcony and I was thinking how beautiful everything was.I felt this overwhelming peace. I looked at Brian and I was like I want to live here. That was music to his ears. He couldn't believe it. Something inside just clicked. I knew we were supposed to be there. In fact when we pulled back into town I cried because I wanted to go back to Florida. Now, we had already had our house on the market since January and not one person had even made an offer. And talk about obstacles, we had a second mortgage on it so if we couldn't convince the second mortgage company to let us out with just an unsecured loan we couldn't sell our house. My grandmother who is in the biz didn't even think it was possible. We prayed and believed for favor. Brian never had a doubt in his mind. He called the mortgage company and was on the phone for 6 hours, going from supervisor to manager to general manager and on up, higher and higher until he could go no further. They all said NO!! He called me and gave me the news. I told him I wasn't discouraged. I knew we were supposed to move so I would call Grammy, take the house off the market and we would rent it out. We hung up. Not even 5 minutes later he called to tell me the company had a found a way to make it work. It was a miracle. The following week we started our cell group and that first Wednesday night we asked them to pray we would get the right buyer for our house. The next day we got an offer. During the next 6 weeks we asked them to pray for interviews, job offers, relocation package, favor with Brian's business partner, the perfect location. Every single thing they prayed and agreed for with us came to pass. I sit back and am truly amazed at how God has turned our lives upside down in the shortest time possible and given us peace that passes all understanding along the way. A miracle working God. This is the God I serve. Above everything else, He has taught me more than I thought I could learn through this process. I am learning to rest in Him. Now, I am not stupid, I know there will always be tough times sooner or later. In fact the night we moved into our apartment I had a meltdown. Here's the key-HE is my security, not the church we find or the friends we make. I loved living in Oklahoma and I built the most amazing relationships that will last a life time and beyond. And now we are here and for whatever purpose that may be I intend to find out. Thanks for being on this journey with us even though you knew nothing for a long time. I know you were praying too and I appreciate that. I hope you will stay for this new journey that is far from over. Be blessed!

Links