« Home | The Happiest Place on Earth » | Sophie's Choice » | Coffee Anyone? » | In Loving Memory » | The toothless wonder » | First Day of School 2005 » | Food, friends and fun! » | The Most Original Day Brightener » | Carl's Garden » | I would like to introduce you to my little sister ... »

When it rains, it pours

I am not talking about the recent hurricane either. I am referring to just one more thing to happen to us since we moved here. There are things you all know about and then there are things only some of you know about. So, if you are reading this and thinking what's the big deal - just know there is so much more.

It started about three weeks ago when I began having this back pain. I didn't really think much of it since I have frequently dealt with this b/c of 2 car accidents I've had. Well, this one was different. It was localized in my right lower back area and it was getting worse. It got to the point I was in pain 24/7. I didn't really say much about it except for passing comments like "wow, my back hurts or I wonder what the deal is" but other than that nothing. Which if you know me is a big deal b/c I am such a drama queen and have no pain tolerance at all. Then last week I began feeling the pain in the same area but in my abdomen. Ok, so now I am getting nervous. I am also finding that no matter what I do the pain is bad, even lying down. Well, Thursday night it must have peaked b/c I couldn't even stay on my feet. I had to keep dropping to my knees it was so bad. I managed to make dinner but as I was carrying my plate to the table I once again had to drop to my knees b/c this pain was searing through me. That was all I could take. I began to cry and I do mean cry. I told Jared to get the neighbor b/c I needed to go to the walk in clinic right that second. I have the best neighbor's in the world. Michelle came over and my mother in law took me to the Dr. The story doesn't get any better. The pain had slightly subsided and I explained everything, told them my history, yada, yada, yada. Peed in a cup, you know the drill. The Dr. came in pressed my stomach, whacked my back, told me I had a bladder infection (even though none of my symptoms were consistent with that of a bladder infection) wrote me a script and sent me home. I was shocked. So was my mother in law. She was like, is that all you're gonna do? He was like well her urinalysis doesn't scream bladder infection but I just want to rule it out. Yeah right, you mean you wanted to get me out of there fast b/c it was closing time. So, I pick up my script go home go to bed and pray for the pain to stop. The next morning I knew something wasn't right. I was like, I am no Dr. but.....Well, the receptionist from the Dr. office called to see how I was and I had more questions than she could answer so she had the nurse call me back. Yeah, I knew I wasn't stupid. This sweet nurse who called me said her and the other Dr. both conquered I DID NOT HAVE A BLADDER INFECTION!!!! She apologized profusely for what had happened and said I did need follow up b/c there was blood in my urine. BLOOD!!! What the....? He never said anything about that. So, long story short they think I have a stone, fun huh? I need to make an appointment with a REAL Dr. and have some diagnostic imaging now I have insurance. Can anything else go wrong? I know the answer is YES but can I just take a moment and say "I want to go home."

Links