« Home | catching some zzzz's the cool way of course » | Good-Bye Mr. Boss Man!! » | Bathroom remodel update...2 » | Childhood Memories Part 1 » | doodle-board me lonely » | If You Are Really My Friend You Will Help ME? » | Brian made the paper » | from long to...GONE!!! » | Our Florida Family » | Changes changes everywhere. »

just like MOM used to make.

We all have them don't we? Things we make now b/c our mothers made them for us growing up. I know I do. When I was little I adored my mother, idolized her really. We were always really close, even when I was on my way to hell. Anyway, she just had certain ways of making things and now I do it the same way to pass on to my kids. I hope they'll go on forever. Here are a few of my favorites.
Peanut Butter and Jelly
To Make:
2 slices of bread (whole wheat, she was always very health conscious)
butter
peanut butter (her favorite is crunchy)
jelly (any kind, her favorite was either strawberry or welch's grape)
Put them together and enjoy.

Peanut Butter and Banana
To Make:
As above except instead of jelly, banana's cut in slices

Macaroni and Cheese
To Make: (this is hard, pay attention)
One box of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese (or 2 if you have a large fam)
A couple of Oscar Meyer hot dogs chopped up
other times she would also add things like chopped carrots and chopped celery

Carrots and Peanut Butter
To Make:
Shred the outside of the carrots
Cut into 1" pieces or there abouts
Spread peanut butter over them and enjoy

Apples and Peanut Butter
To Make:
As above for the most part

Are you getting the feeling we liked peanut butter? Anyway, you are getting the jist of the this post.

What do you eat to this day or will pass on to your kids something you got from MOM's Kitchen?

Links