« Home | They're Ba-a-ack » | Not feeling the love people. » | Momma's boys » | My Family » | CAN YOU... » | You have to watch this... » | Rockin' OUT! » | Beauty » | Million dollar winner! » | Show him some love »

Never say "NEVER."

Don't you think God has a sense of humor? The more I seek HIM the more I fully comprehend and see at work HIS will in my life and the way things should be for me and my family when I get out of the way.

For those who know me personally, I am famous for saying "always" and "never." These 2 words have gotten me in more trouble. Here are several examples. I said "MY KIDS WILL NEVER GO TO PUBLIC SCHOOL!" "MY KIDS WILL NEVER GO TO PUBLIC MIDDLE SCHOOL!" "MY KIDS WILL NEVER RIDE THE BUS TO SCHOOL!" "I WILL NEVER HOME SCHOOL." Ok, these are all kind of the same but you get the idea. I really did say all these things. Well, where are we today? All my kids go to public school, Jared attends public middle school and rides the bus home everyday and when he was in 1st grade I homeschooled him for half the year. See? God has a sense of humor. The point is, I was telling God what was right for my kids. I mean, don't get me wrong, I know as parents we do what we feel is best for our kids but I can honestly tell you (I am ashamed to admit this) I never consulted God on any of the above decisions. I just did what I wanted to do and figured HE would bless it. HE does turn things around for the good of those who love HIM but I have figured out it's a whole lot easier just to consult him first and cut out all the pain that goes with doing your own thing. Can anyone relate?

So, here is the final outcome. Jared is doing better now than he ever has. In PUBLIC SCHOOL!!Jackson and Jayden both have born-again, spirit filled teachers who love what they do. God always knows what is best for us AND our kids and if we just seek HIM HE always lets us in on the plans.

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.

Links